11.28.2010

New Yorkers: Punch a panda tomorrow

Photo (detail) by Rob Bennett for the Wall Street Journal

Artist Nate Hill, whose Punch Me Panda project earned an excellent Rob Bennett photo essay and writeup in the Wall Street Journal, will be available for your punching pleasure tomorrow at the Union Square L train platform from 5-6 pm. The project:
Do you ever get so mad that you want to punch something? I'm here for you. My name is Punch Me Panda.

If you find yourself frustrated, angry, or just had a bad day, I will come to your house, and you can punch me. I wear a chest protector, and you wear boxing gloves, so no one gets hurt. It costs one cent per punch.

I am sympathetically masochistic, so you can hit me as hard as you can.

Serving individuals and couples, one-time basis or continuous. Serving all Brooklyn only.
Alternately, the panda is available by appointment for punching in the comfort of your own home.

(Thanks @museumnerd for turning me onto the project.)

Also: For those who don't follow me on Twitter, here's the San Francisco mural (no longer extant) where I got my Kiss panda icon.

No comments: